Rated one of the top courses in the GTA by SCOREGolf magazine & Golf Advisor, Silver Lakes is a four-star, 7100 yard par 72 championship golf course carved from mature forest and rolling countryside around the meandering Holland River. Established in 1993 and designed by R.F.Moote its manicured greens and bent-grass fairways are ideal for golfers of all levels. Silver Lakes is one of only a few golf courses offering an Aqua Range, a seven-acre facility combining great training with a unique golf experience. Outstanding practice facilities include two putting greens, chipping green and practice bunkers. Neighboring wetlands are a big part of the course with water and wetlands coming into play on 12 holes. Silver Lakes is as beautiful as it is demanding. It is a public facility that offers private country club conditions, available to all who wish to enjoy its natural beauty, challenge, and wonderful cuisine.
COVID 19 – Golfer Procedures and Information Update
- PLEASE NOTE: During the current health crisis we offer prepayment before arriving at the golf course. You may book online and prepay at https://www.silverlakesgolf.com/tee-time/or book over the phone and prepay by calling the proshop directly at 905-836-8070. If you are interested in prepaying for your tee time we would ask that one member of your group pay for all players at the same time.
- Bookings can be made up to fourteen days in advance.
- 10 minute tee time intervals, with starters times inserted throughout the day to increase spacing.
- Foursomes are permitted; any single or twosome will be paired with other players.
- Only one tee time may be booked at a time.
- Power carts have dividers and will be available with 2 riders per cart. In the case of a single player being paired up with another group we would allow an additional cart in that group. In cases where individual players request single rider carts due to medical concerns (high risk) they are able to do so and pay a single cart rider fee.
- Pull carts are available for rent but are limited and will not be reserved
- If you are not feeling well do not enter the premises.
- You will not be allowed access to power carts until 20 minutes before your tee time.
- Please park in every other space if possible facing the 1st tee & Putting Green
- For those taking a cart please ask a golf operations attendant who will direct you to a sanitized cart.
- Driving Range is open only for golfers with tee times. The driving range is however open for practice sessions and those without tee times anytime after 5 p.m.
- 1 Scorecard will be provided upon request to a member of each booking.
INCLEMENT WEATHER DURING CURRENT HEALTH SITUATION
- If golfers opt to stop playing or leave the course due to rain they will not be permitted back on the course and must leave the property. Rain checks will be held in the proshop under the booking name to be used toward a future tee time.
- If the golf course is cleared due to lightning or inclement weather the same process will hold true. Golfers will be asked to return their carts to the dirty cart return area, empty any garbage, recycling and unfortunately get into their cars and exit the facility. We will not be “restarting” golfers. We will have rain checks issued and held in the proshop under the booking name to be used toward a future tee time.
- The golf course will be closed until the weather clears at which point any tee times that are booked will be able to play.
- In severe cases the course may be closed for the entire day. Rain checks or refunds will be provided for anyone who has prepaid.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Beverage Cart service will available on Friday’s, Saturday’s and Sunday’s from 10-6
- BISTRO HOURS OF OPERATION BELOW:
- Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until close (dependent on tee sheet and weather conditions)
- Friday-Sunday from 8:30 a.m. until close (dependent on tee sheet and weather conditions)
- The West patio is now open for guests. They will be seated in group sizes that match the provincially permitted number. (only guests that are seated or have room to be seated will be permitted on the patio at this time (no standing room guests) )
- Patio will be open from 9 a.m. until close (dependent on tee sheet and weather conditions) Guests must order their food and beverages in the Bistro at which point they will be assigned a sanitized table. Tabs will not be permitted at this time. We are asking that all guests dispose of their food and beverage containers in the receptacles provided upon finishing their meals.
- You are responsible for bringing your own personal protective equipment (masks, sanitizer, gloves).
- Washrooms are available in the clubhouse with access limited to the proshop entrance only in a separate line than golfers checking in. On course washrooms are now open.
- Playing through another group is not permitted. The course must be played in order (1,2,3…)
- Practice green will be open with no holes cut and sectioned off. Practice green will be limited to a maximum of 6 players and restricted ONLY to those playing in one of the next 2 groups. NO EXCEPTIONS
- When putting on course, we suggest the 1st player putt out and finish the hole before the next player putts.
- Flags will be in the hole and shall NOT BE TOUCHED. NO EXCEPTIONS. We have “Pin Caddy’s” installed in the cups. Simply use your putter (not your hands) gently to lift the arm which will lift the mechanism out of the hole and allow you to retrieve your ball. Please play from your appropriate tee block.
- All bunkers will be played as preferred lies. Please place it in a new lie if needed and smooth the surface with your feet after your shot.
- Rental clubs are NOT available to rent.
- There are no sand and seed bottles. Please replace your divots.
- F & B is available in the bistro and our patio on a limited seating basis. No standing room only those with seats allowed at this time.
- You must maintain a physical distance of 2 metres between players or staff
- Any member not abiding by the rules and new COVID – 19 protocols will be asked to leave along with their group, no exceptions.
- Do not approach STAFF AT ANYTIME! Physical distancing is required at all times while on property. Windy conditions may require greater physical distancing than 2 meter directive.
- No congregating is permitted at any time.
- Silver Lakes has the right to change rules without notice depending on progress of the viral pandemic.
Our goal is to provide a safe & enjoyable environment for both golfers and our staff. Thank you for choosing Silver Lakes and